Monday, September 25, 2006

Tom:

Received your certified letter of 9/14/06 which in sum, says that (1) I am not the Chair
of the Albany City Republican committee, (2 that I have been misrepresenting myself as such, thereby confusing the public, press and actual members of the Republican Committee, (3) I claim I was elected as Chairman of the Albany City Republican Committee, (4) that I am not a member of the Albany County Republican Committee, and (5) that I appointed myself and others as members of the County Committee in the City of Albany; (6) that I had no authority to do such acts.

In your letter you demand that I immediately cease and desist from representing myself"as a member of the Albany County Republican Committee..a member of the Albany City Republican Committee, and as Chair of the Albany City Republican Committee and that any such actions taken at the meeting are void. Your further demand that I immediately inform all ..who attended yur September 13, 2006 meeting that your "election " as City Chair was illegal under the Republican Party 's rules and that you had no authority in law or in fact to appoint any members to the position of Republican Committeemen.

You say that "if these actions are not taken immediately, the Albany County Republican Committee will institute a civil preceding against (me)" You also threaten me with the possibility that I could be liable for damages and a reasonable attorney fee to prosecute such an action.

You conclude by saying: "Therefore, when the Albany County Republican Committee
has its organizational meeting, you may not vote, speak, or participate in any way".

Tom (and Peter) my short answer to the above is the same as my kinsman General
McAuliffe, at Baston, where outnumbered and surrounded by a large German force,
General McAuliffe replied to the German demand to surrender, in a one word reply:

NUTS!

The proper forum to resolve this dispute is at a fair and open hearing and slow roll call vote of the Members of the Albany County Republican Committee Organizational Meeting announced for September 20, 2006.

I was duly elected Albany City Chair in 2000, 2002 and again in 2004,
by my peers in said city, as the Rules of the Albany County Republican Committee adopted at the September 27, 2000 organizational meeting of said committee.

The June 8, 2004 rules amendments to rules 2,4,5 and 8 were not duly filed , as required, by law within 10 days after that date. In fact, they were not filed until sometime of August of that year. Thus, I was lawfully reelected Albany City Republican Chair, under the existing Rules then in effect, (Rules adopted 9/27/00)

I believe the June 8, 2004 Rules changes to be null and void because they conflict with State Election Law Art 2-112 which reads in part "all other committees shall within the time specified by party rules, meet and organize by electing a chairman, a secretary, a treasurer...".

The June 8, 2004 rules amendments are in conflict with state law (Art 112) and violate the Fourteenth Amendment of the U S Constitution because they treat Republicans in the Towns differently than those in
the cities of Albany, Cohoes and Watervliet. The rules changes deprive city Republicans of their right to self-determination (to chose their own
leaders). Therefore, it is the Said June 8 rules changes that are unlawful, null and void; and the Rules adopted 9/27/00 govern the Albany County Republican Committee and the City and Town General Committees thereof.

Rule 19 of the Albany County Committee Rules says in part, that General Committees of the Cities andTowns " meet within ten (10) days following the Primary election..." and that "the Retiring Chairperson shall...preside until a permanent organization is effected."

I fully complied with the valid law and rules. I did not retire. I was duly reelected by my peers at the September 13, 2006 Albany City Republican Committee based on votes representing 39 election districts, totaling a weighted vote of 2,745 with no votes in opposition.

Therefore, I am, in fact, and in law, the Albany City Republican Committee Chairman. Live with it or, you can claim to the world that I am not.

I have personally recruited Albany City Republican Committee Members for more than 50 election districts in the city. I have most of
their proxy votes, which, by law, I can cast at the forthcoming County Republican organizational meeting.



You write "that when the Albany County Republican Committee has its organizational meeting (Sept 20), (I) may not vote, speak, or participate in any way".

This is not Iran and the retiring County Chairman is not an Ayatollah.

You ,and the Chairman ,dishonor all Republicans, and the young Americans that are serving, and sacrificing their lives, to protect all
Americans, so that we may live in safety and freedom, and that our form of self government, of which the right of self determination is a guiding principle, may be guaranteed.

Stop behaving like petty, third world mullahs. This is America!

The courts are loathe to interfere in internal party matters. The organizational meeting of the Albany County Republican Committee is the proper forum, if an accommodation can not be reached before that date. The solution is simple: (1) declare the June 8, 2004 rules changes null and void, and (2) declare that the Rules of the Albany County Republican Committee, adopted 9/27/00 have been, and, remain, the rules governing the Albany County Republican Committee
and the City and Town General Committees thereof)

Your behavior is a distraction and detriment to Republican candidates for federal and state offices , who face an uphill battle, in the next 50 days.

If you take me to court will I be barred from or participating in any way? After all, I will be a Pro Se defendant because I can't afford a big shot lawyer like you.


Joseph Patrick Sullivan, Chairman
Albany City Republican Committee

Go to: http://gopalbanycity.blogspot.com/ and

http://Journals.aol.com/lonerangeralbany/lonerangeralbany/
(the latter contains my record statements as Albany
Republican mayoral candidate in 2005)

1 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger rozydesouza said...

Very Nice and informative blog, let share with me this kind of blogs... thanks for sharing.....
___________________
rozy
Best place for your complete Internet marketing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home